Table of Contents
1. Choose a crypto exchange
First things first, you need an exchange that both has Moonriver, and is trustworthy!
You can find our top 3 exchanges for buying Moonriver here, alternatively you can also check our comparison of the best Australian crypto exchanges if you’re generally interested in seeing which exchanges work for Australians.
2. Sign up with the crypto exchange
Once you’ve chosen your crypto exchange, it’s just a matter of signing up and getting your account verified. Most exchanges have streamlined this process very well so it shouldn’t take long.
3. Fund your account
The next step is to transfer AUD or another cryptocurrency into your account. Most top crypto exchanges offer various payment methods. From bank transfer to PayID, POLi pay and credit cards, it’s very straightforward.
4. Buy Moonriver
And of course, the final step is to find Moonriver on the exchange and buy it. A lot of exchanges offer different ways of buying cryptocurrencies, like market orders and limit orders.
Where to Buy Moonriver (MOVR)
|Exchange||Rating||Available Cryptocurrencies||Fees||Visit Site|
How to Sell Moonriver
- Sign into the exchange
- Find where you stored your Moonriver, either on a hardware wallet or on the exchange.
- Transfer your Moonriver to the right place on the exchange, it could just be the same wallet or a dedicated trading account.
- Sell Moonriver.
Considerations when looking to buy Moonriver.
Moonriver, an Ethereum-compatible smart-contract parachain on Kusama, is called. It will be a companion network for Moonbeam and provide a permanent incentivized network of canaries. Moonriver will receive the new code first. It can then be verified and tested under real economic conditions. Once it is proven, the same code can be shipped to Moonbeam via Polkadot.
This is done by providing an EVM implementation, a Web3 compatible API and bridges to connect Moonriver with existing Ethereum networks.
Developers can deploy existing Solidity smart contract frontends and DApp frontends to Moonriver without any modifications.
Moonriver is a decentralized smart-contract platform and requires a utility token in order to function. MOVR is central in Moonriver's design and cannot be removed without sacrificing its essential functionality. These are the Moonriver tokens:
- Supporting smart contract execution gas metering
- Incentivizing collators and powering the mechanics of the creation a decentralized node network infrastructure upon which the platform can run
- Facilitating the on chain governance mechanism. This includes proposing referenda and electing council members.
- Network transaction fees to be paid
Moonriver integrations and tools include:
- Metamask, Remix IDE and web3.js are some of the Ethereum developer tools. Truffle, Ethers.js and web3.js are other toolkits like Polkadot.js apps.
- Oracle integrations like Chainlink, Band Protocol and Razor are available.
- API & Infrastructure Integrations: Onfinality, Covalent
- Wallets: Mathwallet, Polkadot.js, Metamask, AirGap
- Partnerships with other Polkadot chain: Acala. Polkadot’s relay chain, Equilibrium. Kilt. Phala. Crust
- Bridges: Chainbridge, Ren, Interlay, Snowfork, Axelar
- Block explorers - Subscan, Polkadot.js, Blockscout*
- DeFi Protocols: Balancer, SushiSwap, Offshift, IDEX, Linear Finance, Injective Protocol
- Assets & Issuance Partners - Ocean Protocol, AllianceBlock AMPnet Poolz Polkastarter, Kilt
- DApps: Human Protocol, Polkacover, BePro